Earn extra money through booth sales
- Booth sales begin November 16 and end November 25.
- Plan booth sale locations with your girls and be sure to get permission from the location’s manager.
- Submit your booth sale application online.
- Pick up your products, which are conveniently selected by the council.
- Plan how many items you need carefully; they can not be returned.
- Deposit only the amount due to the council. Keep your troop proceeds.
Follow these tips to maximize earning potential
- Make your booth irresistible by letting your creativity rule. Use a colorful tablecloth, play music, hang balloons. Whatever you think will get attention. Just be sure to follow the guidelines set by the location’s manager.
- Create large, fun posters. Be sure to say “Support Girl Scouts” and include your goal. If you’re selling product bundles, use the poster to promote the packages.
- Wear your Girl Scout identification. Not only is it a safety rule, but customers are more likely to buy from you if you’re wearing Girl Scout tees, sashes or pins.
- Promote the Gift of Caring. Decorate and clearly label a large donation box or gift bag and display a sign promoting your cause. People who may not want to buy for themselves will buy to support the military or the Monmouth/Ocean Food Bank.
- Make sure girls make the sale and answer questions, while adults only keep track of the money once change is given and the sale is complete.
How to place a booth sale order
There are two ways to order booth sale items this year. You can order with your initial order by adding the items and quantities you want to the "nut special" line at the bottom of the order form. If you prefer to pick up at a council service center, you can still do that, but the variety will be limited and you must order 2-3 days in advance.
Whether you order on the order form or by contacting the council, all items that you take must be purchased. They can not be returned. To minimize your financial risk, the council will recommend a quantity for you based on the length of your sale and its location. You may follow that recommendation or make your own selection.